Does an online business need to follow all these steps highlighted here? (in this link)

San Jose, CA |

I plan to start an online business with a website and use Paypal for customers to purchase items. I do not plan to have a physical store or presence. Will I need to file all these forms? and tax id's/permits?

Or can I just use a website service and start selling products now?

http://www.sba.gov/content/follow-these-10-steps-starting-business

1. You probably don't have to do 1 and 2 (though they would be helpful).

6 and 10 depend on your business's requirements.

You should do the rest.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. I would also include looking in to the possibility of purchasing liability insurance.

3. If you are starting a business and you intend to see it grow and prosper long term, I would recommend that you speak with a business attorney who can guide you thru the process and set up your business in a proper way that will best benefit you and your business. There are more business related issues to think about beyond what is listed on "10 Steps to Start a Business," although the site is a good source to educate yourself and does provide helpful information.

Best of luck,

The information and materials provided by SARVEY ASKARIEH on this Website are for informational purposes ONLY and should NOT be relied upon as legal advice, legal opinion or any other professional advice and nor do they constitute legal advice, legal opinion or any other professional advice. Nor does the transmission and/or receipt of information contained on this Website from SARVEY ASKARIEHh FORM or CONSTITUTE an attorney-client relationship with Yevras Law Group (YLG), or its attorney(s) partner(s), associate(s), or consultant(s). Simply contacting SARVEY ASKARIEH via a contact form, email or otherwise will not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and SARVEY ASKARIEH. Also, any transmission of information between you and SARVEY ASKARIEH is NOT intended to, and will NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and SARVEY ASKARIEH and does not and should not give you a reasonable basis for belief that such a relationship has been established. An attorney-client relationship between YOU and any attorney(s), partner(s) and/or consultant(s) of YEVRAS LAW GROUP (“YLG”) can ONLY be created by the signing of YLG’s written representation agreement. SARVEY ASKARIEH does not guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any communications sent by you by electronic methods via use of e-mail or contact form on this website. You shall be solely responsible for the security, confidentiality, integrity, and use of all communications that you transmit to SARVEY ASKARIEH via this Website. Without a signed written representation agreement with SARVEY ASKARIEH, unsolicited communications by you to SARVEY ASKARIEH will not be treated as confidential or be protected by any Attorney-Client Privilege and/or offered any protection, regardless if the content is deemed to be privileged, sensitive or confidential. SARVEY ASKARIEH does NOT agree to accept and/or maintain the secrecy of any unsolicited communication you send to HER unless an attorney-client relationship currently exists between YOU and HER.

Business topics