Does an online business need to follow all these steps highlighted here? (in this link)

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I plan to start an online business with a website and use Paypal for customers to purchase items. I do not plan to have a physical store or presence. Will I need to file all these forms? and tax id's/permits?

Or can I just use a website service and start selling products now?

http://www.sba.gov/content/follow-these-10-step...

1. Dana Howard Shultz

2

Answered . You probably don't have to do 1 and 2 (though they would be helpful).

6 and 10 depend on your business's requirements.

You should do the rest.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Daniel Ralph Devoy

1

Answered . I would also include looking in to the possibility of purchasing liability insurance.

3. Sarvey Askarieh

1

Answered . If you are starting a business and you intend to see it grow and prosper long term, I would recommend that you speak with a business attorney who can guide you thru the process and set up your business in a proper way that will best benefit you and your business. There are more business related issues to think about beyond what is listed on "10 Steps to Start a Business," although the site is a good source to educate yourself and does provide helpful information.

Best of luck,