Does an employer have to provide adequate parking?

My fiance works for a non-profit group that continues to purchase land to expand the compnay, but refuses to provide any additional parking, causing my fiance to park close to a 1/2 mile away, along with most of her coworkers. The employees that do get the parking are those that do not even work an entire year, and are not always employees on consecutive years. For health and safety concerns alone, shouldn't her compnay have to provide ample parking closer to work, if not actually on site?

1. It sounds like employees are being treating differently and perhaps it is unfair. But, absent an agreement between the employer and the employees (for example a collective bargaining agreement struck between a union and an employer) the employer is under no legal obligation to provide parking to its employees.

Business topics