Does an amended ticket for defective equipment or illegal parking result in points in California?

Redondo Beach, CA |

Basically, I got a speeding ticket in the state of Missouri - going 61 in a 45. It was a speed trap. The HW turned into a local road very quickly, I was still slowing down, but they clocked me at that speed. Now, I am working with an attorney there to get the ticket amended so I won't accrue any points on my driving record. I need to know if the state of California gives points on amended, out-of-state tickets from Missouri for either "defective equipment" or "illegal parking." Please help!

If the ticket is amended to reflect a non-moving violation, and the court accepts a plea to the amended charge with a dismissal of the moving violation, you will receive no points from the citation on your CA license.

Traffic tickets topics