Does an ACD affect FAFSA and Federal Loans? Rather, does a pending drug possession charge affect FAFSA eligibility?

10604 |

Received an ACD. The FAFSA application only asks about drug convictions. I was charged with possession, but not convicted. The judge deferred adjudication for 6 months, and provided that I complete my community service (which i've already done) and stay out of trouble, the charges, arrest, and other matters will be dismissed and sealed pursuant to CPL 160.60.

Does a pending charge, or open case, impact financial aid eligibility?

1. Duplicate post. Fsfsa asks about conviction and not charge. Your plea is an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.