Does a vehicle title loan qualify me for the ownership allowance on the Chapter 7 Means test?

Asked over 1 year ago - Aubrey, TX

If yes, how do I figure the average monthly payment for line 42 of the Means Test?

1. Gary Alan Armstrong

2

Answered . I have to agree with the other attorneys on this. Despite the various petition preparation companies on the web and elsewhere who assure people that bankruptcy is an easy process and that all you need is a typist and some education to put yourself through the process, the most messed up bankruptcies I've ever seen were filed by individuals who tried to do it themselves. Yes, the paperwork comes out nice and need, but the issue isn't quality paperwork, it's understanding what needs to go on the papers and why and understanding what the risks are associated with your particular case and how to manage them.
    In any event, much as I wish you success, this is not a forum for you to obtain free legal advice for your "do it yourself" bankruptcy.

2. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . God bless you

3. Gordon Charles Webb

Pro

1

Answered . There is more to the Means Tests then meets the eye. You should consult with a Bankruptcy attorney.

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Maxim Christopher Zawojski

1

Answered . You only need to pass the means test if you have above median income. If you have above median income you can afford to hire an attorney.