Does a trustee and protector of a trust and estate have access to medical records after the person has passed away?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pacific Palisades, CA

We are trying to find out if the medical records help to prove that beneficiary forms that were signed are invalid due to the fact that they were signed while the patient was mentally incapable of making such an important decision.

1. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

2

Answered . My colleagues are correct.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . You would most likely need to open a probate estate to obtain medical records.

3. James P. Frederick

3

Answered . I agree with Attorney Pippen. In most states, only a Personal Representative can access the medical records. I believe that is partly in compliance with HIPAA regulations.

James Frederick