Does a stop notice need to be notarized?

La Puente, CA |

I am filing a stop notice on a public works job. Does my stop notice need to be notarized prior to serving my customer?

1. A stop notice does not need to be notarized. It must be signed by the contractor under penalty of perjury.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

2. No, a stop notice does not need to be notarized. However, a release of stop notice does need to be notarized.