Does a single-member LLC have to file an annual report? This is for a Ma company.

Asked over 5 years ago - Carver, MA

I was originally told annual reports and corporation papers were not required , that was why I went with an LLC . I received papers from Mass. state house saying it was required and the cost was $500.

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Generally you're right, LLCs have a big advantage over corporations because they don't require annual directors' and shareholders' meetings because they don't have those things, they have members.

But LLCs are not completely maintenance-free, there are still annual Secretary of State filings. I'm not licensed to practice in MA, but found and attach linked below the MA LLC schedule of fees. You should consult an MA corporate lawyer to help you get your LLC in compliance.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.