Does a restraining order show up on a background check?

Saint Joseph, MO |

In 2006, I filed a rest. order on my roommate. Three days later, he filed one on me. The judge granted both of them, but they were terminated a month later. I'm applying for an aviation job and they do a Federal Background Check. Will this show up? I completely forgot about it and didn't disclose it in the interview and now I'm worried. It shows up on Missouri's Casenet as being terminated in 2006. I paid for a background check through It didn't show up on there.

The local, state based service is much more accurate that the inernet service. So, I believe that you have already answered your own question. Issues raised in the posting are sufficiently specific that it is nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, for an attorney to give you a useful legal analysis based solely on a summary posting on an internet site. I appreciate your concern. I know this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you will need to obtain a consultation with an attorney to fully explore all of the circumstances behind your question.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

Aviation law topics

Recommended articles about Aviation law