Does a Reputation Repair person need a mult-state legal license to practice law?

Phoenix, AZ |

Also what is the law or legal precedents where the one being slandered pays the one making the defamatory statement?

1. Need more info -- what work is the "Reputation Repair" person offering to do?

This answer does not constitute legal advice nor form an attorney client relationship. I am not your lawyer. If you have a legal issue in Maryland, Virginia, or the District of Columbia, you may contact me for a free consultation.

2. Reputation repair people don't need to be attorneys, unless they are representing someone in court. There is a whole market of reputation repair folks online, they aren't normally attorneys.

The law varies depending on where the person is, where the defamation happened, and so on.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.