Does a Pardon clear your record

Richmond, VA |

I have a embezzlement charge from 10 years ago..In the state of Virginia

1. If you are talking about a governor's pardon, then the answer is "sometimes." I'm adding a link here which you can review for your specific situation.

Please note that this response is based upon the limited information available in the question. In addition, it is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship and is offered only as general information and not as legal advice.

2. Concur with attorney Allen. I would add that in practical terms, unless you are a huge contributor to the sitting governors political party at the time your application is processed (or a close relative of someone who is) or your issue is key to some significant public policy, or your conviction was the result of substantial injustice by the system and you were always completely innocent of the charge,--the odds of receiving a pardon are very, very, low.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.