Does a non relative have to be a Florida resident to be an executor of a Florida will? How do I find a firm then that can write

Asked over 1 year ago - Bradenton, FL

The will and be my executor?

1. 8

Answered . In Florida, the term is Personal Representative. No, they cannot be a non-resident if they are not a close relative or spouse. If they are a business, they must be registered in Florida. The best way to find a good attorney to draft your will and agree to administer your estate, either as PR or as probate attorney, is to contact your local Bar association for a referral, click on the Find a Lawyer link in AVVO, or ask a few friends who have recently gone through the process. AVVO community standards prohibit us from actively soliciting your business on this forum, but know that ALL of us that participate herein are possible resources for your business.

2. 7

Answered . Typically someone needs to be related by blood if they are located out of the state of Florida, however there are some exceptions that would allow certain non-blood relatives to serve. If your intention is to have a law firm serve as your Personal Representative, we would be happy to discuss what would be involved. Remember you can always change your Will and change who you have serving as Personal Representative.

3. 6

Answered . Call an estate planning attorney in Bradenton. You can use the avvo find attorney function. Most will offer free consultations.