Does a Nanny visa will affect asking for a tourist visa in the near future?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

Hello, I just became a Permanent Resident thru my wife, my mother still on my birth country she has never apply for a visa, recently she is started working for her brother as a full time nanny and he want her to get a nanny visa so they can all come to the US, I was told that getting this visa will make it difficult for her to get a tourist visa later on. is this true? and will she be able to come visit me without my little cousin coming too, having a nanny visa?

thanks.

Sorry It will be a Domestic Employ. not nanny.

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Answered . A domestic employee can be issued a B-1 visa to accompany her employer who is entering the U.S. for a temporary purpose. There are a number of requirement that must be satisfied before the visa can be issued, including proof of employment and experience. Often it is issued in conjunction with a B-2 tourist visa (B1/B2 combo visa). The fact that your mother is working for her brother may raise eyebrows as to the bona fides of the employment. If you mother is issues a B-2 visa she can come and visit you as a tourist.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . There is no such thing as a nanny visa.

3. Dean P Murray

Answered . I'm not sure what exactly you're referencing. I would suggest that you consult an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700