Does a minor need one or both parent's consent to get married in Florida?

Asked 11 months ago - Ocala, FL

If the minor's parents are married, is consent from one of the parents enough for the minor to get married?

1. Brent Allan Rose

3

1

Answered . Both parents must consent in writing. In fact, when the couple goes to the clerk's office to apply for the license (which must be done in person), whichever of them are minors must bring both parents with them.

2. Jordan Gerber

2

Answered . The child has to be over 16 to be issued a marriage license and both parents must provide sworn, written consent to said marriage.

3. Arica Lynn Braaten

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with both prior posts. Both parents for the bride and groom must consent. You'll need to make a trip to the courthouse with the couple to obtain the marriage license.