Does a father have visitation rights if he is not paying his court ordered child support?

Asked about 5 years ago - Royersford, PA

The court determined on 4/09 that my son's father should pay $577.23 per month for child support. (state of PA) He has not paid anything to date... when can his wages be attached and does he have visitation rights while not paying the court ordered support?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jeanne B. Costopoulos

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . His wages can be attached anytime provided that domestic relations has his current employment information. If you know where he works, you should tell the enforcement office so that a wage attachment order is issued. Visitation rights are not affected by non-payment of support. Therefore, if he has a visitation order you cannot violate it simply because he is either no paying or is behind on his support payments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,277 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,277 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering