Does a excessive noise warning go on your record anywhere?

Asked 10 months ago - Portage, MI

The police checked my ID and told me to keep the noise down, I complied. I was not issued a ticket or any other paperwork from the police. Music was a bit too loud and everyone present was over 21 and drinking. I received a letter from my apartment complex days later telling me they received notice of the incident reminding me to be a good neighbor by keeping the noise down. BUT will this show up on my "permanent" record anywhere?

1. Robert E. Harris Jr.

4

1

Answered . There is no record for the incident to show up on. I have no doubts that if you choose to continue that behavior, the apartment complex will likely ask you to leave. Did you hear me?

2. Golnar Sargeant

3

1

Answered . I don't know what you mean by "permanent" record. There is no such thing. There are criminal records, employment records, records showing civil lawsuits etc. There is no one "file" kept on citizens in this country. You were not arrested and there were no charges filed against you.

3. Brook McCray Smith

Pro

1

1

Answered . It is likely that your landlord will retain a copy of the letter they sent. If you use them as a reference for a future tenancy, the matter might be disclosed to a prospective landlord. To that extent, the incident is part of your record.