Does a DWI affect drone one from fixing their legal paperwork trough the comprehensive law president Obama is trying to pass?

70373 |
Filed under: Immigration

My husband had a DWI in November and has a court date in April and my question is the one above if that's going to affect him or even not be able to fix his legalization because of the DWI

No attorney can answer this question as no law has been enacted. Until any immigration reform is passed, there is no way to determine who will be eligible.

See links below:

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform/immigration-reform-will-take-time

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

DWI already affects anyone trying to legalize themselves. Although no reform has passed yet, I have to assume it will continue to be a factor in deciding cases if this reform passes.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

We dont know what the law will state if anything, lets wait and see what happens.