Does a DWI 15 years ago disqualifies my husband from the I-601A.

Asked over 1 year ago - Castroville, TX

He was arrested and put in jail for a three days was caught drunk driving when he was 15 years old. He is now 31 married with me and we have 2 children will he qualify for the waiver and be able to become resident one day.

1. Veronica Tunitsky

2

1

Answered . He might, but a more detailed review of the case would be prudent, including whether a waiver is needed.

You want to optimize your chances of success and waivers are complex so I strongly suggest that you work with an attorney experienced in waivers who can help prepare a strong application.

Feel free to look at my website for more information: www.tunitskylaw.com.

2. Lalita Haran

3

1

Answered . DWI alone may not be sufficient to disqualify but certainly it is not as good as a clean record when you are asking for waiver as discretion. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    13295 Illinois st ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

3. Carlos E Sandoval

3

Answered . Based on the facts of your case it does not seem to be a crime of moral turpitude, therefore it should not make him unelegible for I-601A. You should consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to evaluate the case.