Does a dui show up on live scan report? what about cases that were dismissed? thanks

Tustin, CA |

i heard only certain crimes are reported on CA live scan

1. Yes. definitely.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. In theory, any arrest, filed case and dismissed case can show up on your full live scan report. The difference would be who has access to the report, how it can be used and under what circumstances.

Yes, a DUI most likely would show up. You can always check what's on your own report with a request with the DOJ. See the link below for more information.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

3. Yes a DUI would show up. You should just order a copy of your live scan and see what is there.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

4. YES. You can go online and look up live-scan kiosks for the closest location. The $40.00 investment is well worth it . You will discover that any and all misdemeanor and felony convictions as well as criminal arrests will appear. I always order these on everyone that is seeking immigration or an expungement. I have had to correct a lot of records where a common name will show convictions my client never received. Good Luck

5. Yes$

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

DUI topics