Does a DUI show up non conviction show up on a criminal background check? how about if i get my record expunged?

Chicago, IL |

I live in Illinois, i got a dui. I am currently on court supervision. I haven't expunged it off of my record yet. I did not get convicted for t
As of now will the DUI show up on my regular background check?
if i get it expunged, a company which wants to hire me says it will do a criminal background check. If i get it expunged does the DUI show up on a criminal background check?

Let me know, thanks

DUI will show up on regular background check

Cannot be expunged

You need the rare pardon from Gov. Quinn

In Illinois, you cannot expunge a DUI or reckless driving, even if you got court supervision. So regardless of your background, this will not be removed. All arrests show up on a background check even if the charges are dismissed. Only an expungement or sealing will prevent wok from seeing it.

I concur with my peers. Typically, absent a pardon, only the passage of time will make this more palatable for employers etc. Good luck.

Contributions on in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.

All DUI arrests are non-expunagable in Illinois, even if you went to trial and were found not guilty.

DUI cannot be expunged in Illinois as a matter of public policy and that arrest will remain on your record.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI