Does a DUI hamper obtaining a CCW

I'm facing DUI charges (first offence) and had already started the CCW process - would a DUI conviction cause my CCW to not be issued, or rescinded?

Rocklin, CA -

Donald Gray Drewry

Donald Gray Drewry

DUI / DWI Attorney - Oakland, CA

It does not help. However, the Sheriff of each County is the one who will or will not authorize your CCW. There are a lot of other factors, such as, the alcohol level, was there an accident, reason for stop, were you cooperative and honest, and the need for the CCW. Additionally, you may get the DUI reduced, depending on your circumstances, but even a Dry Reckless is a misdemeanor crime. See a lawyer right away.

Christopher Paul Sohovich

Christopher Paul Sohovich

DUI / DWI Attorney - San Diego, CA

This is difficult to answer, the county sheriff decides who gets a CCW and criminal history obviously can play a factor in that.