Does a disorderly conduct violation show up on a background check for employment?

Asked 11 months ago - West Henrietta, NY

I had a petty larceny plea - down to a disorderly conduct. Will this violation show up on a background check?

1. Vincent Peter White

2

Answered . My colleagues give you good advice, but please keep in mind that certain high level background checks such as for Federal employment are likely to turn up even a sealed disorderly conduct.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

1

Answered . It will seal but when it seals depends on what your sentence was. If you did anything that required a Conditional Discharge such as community service, it will not seal until 1 year after the sentence date. If you just paid a fine (not the court surcharge) it will seal upon payment.

3. Christopher Quincy Davis

1

Answered . It should be sealed 1 year after your plea but the arrest often still shows up in which case you may have have to pay a criminal lawyer a small fee to have it expunged.