Does a disorderly conduct violation show up on a background check for employment?

Asked 11 months ago - West Henrietta, NY

I had a petty larceny plea - down to a disorderly conduct. Will this violation show up on a background check?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Vincent Peter White

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . My colleagues give you good advice, but please keep in mind that certain high level background checks such as for Federal employment are likely to turn up even a sealed disorderly conduct.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any... more
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . It will seal but when it seals depends on what your sentence was. If you did anything that required a Conditional Discharge such as community service, it will not seal until 1 year after the sentence date. If you just paid a fine (not the court surcharge) it will seal upon payment.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was... more
  3. Christopher Quincy Davis

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It should be sealed 1 year after your plea but the arrest often still shows up in which case you may have have to pay a criminal lawyer a small fee to have it expunged.

    My communications on this site are for the purpose of educating the general public about legal issues and not for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,079 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,079 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering