Does a dismissed infraction charge show up on criminal record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Palo Alto, CA

I got a fare evasion ticket (PC 640) in Caltrain (Santa Clara county). I got the ticket dismissed. (traffic court). Now I am wondering for job applications, can this dismissed charge show up on background checks? If yes, is there a remedy to seal the court record.

1. Adam Laurence Pearlman

Pro

5

Answered . There is no remedy to seal the court record. However, an infraction is not a crime so if you were asked if you had ever been arrested or cited for a crime your answer is no. Second, the infraction was dismissed so there was no penalty for the infraction.

2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

5

Answered . An infraction is not a crime, so it won't show up on your "criminal record". I can't imagine that it would have any impact on you getting hired, particularly if it was dismissed. No real way to seal the court record. I suggest not worrying about this. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

3

Answered . First, there is no way to seal that kind of record. A dismissed infraction will not affect employment applications which really only ask for convictions,