Does a dealership have to get you a second key after buying a 2007 Kia?

Council Bluffs, IA |

I asked where the 2nd key was when I picked up the car and their reply was they didn't have one!

1. They cannot give you more than they have. There is nothing that says that a car comes with two keys. You can probably get a set from the manufacturer or even on Ebay, for a reasonable amount. Of course, the dealer could do this, as well, for the sake of customer relations. But they are not legally required to.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.