Does a contempt conviction for child support show up on a criminal back ground check

Cherryville, NC |

i was served papers conserning back child support and the judge found me in contempt and charged me a 300.00 fine which will be put toward my child support. will this contempt order show up on a company back ground check ?

1. I don't think a contempt order for a civil child support case will show up in a criminal record search in North Carolina.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: YOU SHOULD SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY IN YOUR AREA TO ANSWER YOUR SPECIFIC LEGAL QUESTIONS. SCOTT ALLEN IS LICENSED ONLY IN THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA AND THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/ CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. RATHER, THE RESPONSE IS IN THE FORM OF LEGAL EDUCATION AND IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE MATTER IN QUESTION. ALTHOUGH A RESPONSE IS PROVIDED TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTION, THERE MAY BE OTHER FACTS AND LAW RELEVANT TO THE ISSUE THAT THE QUESTIONER HAS LEFT OUT AND WHICH WOULD MAKE THE REPLY UNSUITABLE. THEREFORE, THE QUESTIONER SHOULD NOT BASE ANY DECISION ON THE ANSWER, BUT SHOULD CONFER WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON AS SATTED ABOVE REGARDING THE SPECIFICS OF HIS OR HER CASE

2. It is my understanding that "civil" contempt does does not show up on a "criminal" background check; one found in civil contempt has committed a civil wrong and not a criminal violation.

However, a civil contempt may appear on a general background check.

You may want to consult a lawyer in your local area for further discussion.

This post should not be considered legal advice or advice that creates an attorney/client relationship. Readers should consult an attorney

Child support topics