Does a citizen arrest by Loss Prevention show up on a DOJ or NCIC scan?

Elk Grove, CA |

Juvenile fingerprinted and asked for info by LP. Police were called before beginning questioning. Police never came and was not arrested by police later on either. Released to parent. Received a citation in the mail that was written by LP but was attached to a letter from the sheriffs department notifying me that I will have to go to the probation department wen I am notified by a probation officer. The citation said that it was a citizens arrest done by LP and at the top it said Notice to appear but it did not have a court date. The probation departments intake officer sent me a letter saying that my case is conditionally dismissed if I abide the given conditions. The time period of the conditions already passed. Would I have a record of a juvenile citizen arrest? Facts please! Thank you!

I never had to go to the sheriffs department for any fingerprinting later on I was only fingerprinted by LP. I also never had to go to the probation department to answer to any charges either. I never had any community service. I never had to plead guilty, not guilty, Or no contest. Please help me, I am going to university later on! Thank you for all of your help!

The answer is no. A citizen's arrest by loss prevention will not show up on a DOJ record or an NCIC record because you were not photographed and assigned an NCIC number as one is when booked.

What if the citation says that I was cited by the sheriffs department even though I was arrested by loss prevention?

This question have been posed previously and many of my colleagues have responded to you. As stated previously, LP has forwarded your info to the probation department. Therefore, you have a record. However, as a juvenile, it was decided not to forwarded to the court system and rather was dealt in probation department. Your case has been dismissed due to meeting the conditions.

What type of record would I have? Probation?

Sholeh Iravantchi

Sholeh Iravantchi

No, what would indicate would be what was sent to them and what course of action was taken. Probation would have it, but not the type that you are implying.

The letter said that a complaint is being filed an that I have to speak to the probation officer when notified by the probation department. But they never gave me a date or anything , they just said that they are going to conditionally dismiss it. If probation does have a record if anything then would I be able to get rid if it? Also if everything ended in probation would I have any doj or ncic record? I am sorry for being repetitive but I hope you can understand. I am very thankful for any information that you give me.

Sholeh Iravantchi

Sholeh Iravantchi

Penal Code 851.7 PC addresses another class of people who may qualify to have their juvenile records sealed. If the charges against you were dismissed or you were discharged without a conviction. I understand your concern. Perhaps just to ease your mind you would want to take the above mentioned action or better yet ask for your records and see what is in there.

So I can seal my record even though it was never brought into court? Thank you so much for your help and thank you for understanding. I hope to be successful in my future.

Never mind I looked it up and it says I can seal my record at any time. I will check my record if I have anything that needs sealing and I will do so right away. Thank you very much!

Sholeh Iravantchi

Sholeh Iravantchi

You are welcome and good luck.

You keep asking the same question. Go ahead but the answers will not change.

Juvenile law topics