Does a child support hearing also discuss visitation? and can the father get visitation if he moves to tx and i live in wi ?

Fond Du Lac, WI |

My daughter was born in wisconsin and the father of my child was born in tx and is moving back there before the child support hearing. and he also has family in mexico actually his whole family is basically from there. but does this mean i have to fly my daughter out on his visitation days or is it his responsibility to get her? and also he gave me full custody and placement of our daughter in aug 2012 because he wanted nothing to do with her so when i go to the child support hearing will they discuss visitation? or is only about child support? we were never married. and im afraid if i have to fly her out he will take her to mexico and i will lose my child. she is only 6 months old.

1. If your hearing is to establish paternity and/or the terms, then all issues can be discussed including visitation. However, if you don't agree, then the court will appoint a Guardian ad Litem for your child who will do an investigation and come up with a recommendation that is in her best interests. If he is the one moving, it would normally be his responsibility to either come here to visit or do the transportation. Given her young age, he most likely will need to come back here to visit until she gets older.

If paternity has already been established and custody/placement set and the hearing is only for child support, visitation cannot be addressed unless he has filed a motion to modify the currentplacement orders.

It sounds as if you have a lot going on with some fairly serious concerns. I strongly advise you to consult with a local attorney to assist you in these proceedings.

Child custody topics