Does a business have to declare all monies received

Asked over 1 year ago - New Paltz, NY

Does a business have to declare all monies they receive to the irs

1. Jeffrey Mead Kurzon

5

Answered . What kind of business? And what kind of monies? Certainly you should declare all taxable income to the IRS. Perhaps certain exceptions apply (e.g. maybe you do not need to declare a "gift"), but you should discuss this with a qualified tax attorney or tax advisor (which I am not).

2. Umit Mike Gursoy

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

3. Amanda Marie Cook

5

Answered . The answer is pretty much always going to be yes. In one way or another, it will need to be claimed. When your business is large enough, you are often required to submit a balance sheet with your tax return which shows money in and money out. A lot of those numbers are required to tie into each other and it's best to keep track of them from the beginning (along with your "basis" in the business, which requires a much longer treatment than possible in this forum). If you are in business, you need to find a tax professional whom you trust and feel you can work with long-term and go see that person.

4. Christopher Michael Larson

Pro

4

Answered . All income must be declared. Loan proceeds, and equity contributions are not income. But either way, this is a nebulous question. If you are having questions about what type of income needs to be declared to the IRS, you shouldn't be doing your own taxes anyway. You should have a CPA prepare your taxes and they will hopefully ask the questions that determine what is taxable.

Christopher Larson
    Insight Law

Tax Lawyer
    Tax Attorney
    Tax Lawyer Bellevue
    Tax Lawyer Everett
    Tax Lawyer Federal Way WA
    Tax Lawyer Bothell WA
    Seattle IRS Contact Info
    Seattle IRS Tax Problems Help
    Bankruptcy Attorney
    Estate Planning Attorney
    Seattle IRS Appeals
    IRS Payment Plan
    Washington B&O Tax Audit Lawyer
    Washington Sales Tax Audit Lawyer