Does a bill of sale have to be notarized to be legal if it is a domain name or trade name?

Baton Rouge, LA |

I am looking to sell a trade name and a domain name to another business I just don't have the capital to keep the business going. Do I have to have it notarized to be legal in the State of Louisiana?

Thank you.

To be legal it does not have to be notarized, but to transfer the trade name registration with the Secretary of State it does need to be notarized. If the trade name is registered in some other state then you'd need to contact that state's secretary of state to find out the requirements for transferring a trade name.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create, an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Louisiana. Responses are based solely on Louisiana law unless stated otherwise

Steven Travis Ramos

Steven Travis Ramos

This is a good answer.

Mergers and acquisitions topics

Recommended articles about Mergers and acquisitions