Does a 17 year old father have to pay child support even if hes a minor?

Bellingham, WA |
Filed under: Child support

the father of my child is 17, so hes a minor. i was wondering if even though hes 17, if i get financial help do they make him pay child support?

1. Yes. If he was capable of fathering the child he is legally capable of paying support. Maybe not a lot yet if he is in high school, but you might as well establish the precedent.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.