Does 221(g) administrative processing for B2 visa mean the consular officer accepted my application?

Asked about 2 years ago - Athens, OH

The consular officer handed me a 221(g) white form after my interview and checked a section on it that said : " your application requires administrative processing and/or additional clearances". He didn't request additional documents, just told me that the embassy will call me back if they want to stamp a visa and gave me my passport and the form. I am Syrian and I applied in Lebanon because the embassy in Syria is closed. Since the officer didn't tell me I'm denied right away does that mean he accepted my application and it just has to go through routine processing? And is there a chance of being denied after the administrative processing results?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

7

Answered . It means you have to wait. The consulate is doing its own investigation on your application.

2. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

3

Answered . It is neither an approval or denial at this stage. It means that they will be investigating your application.

Yes, there is a chance of being denied.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait for their decision.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . They always take your money and the application ... there is no special significance by them 'accepting' your application.

Most likely they are having to do background checks on you ... because you went to the 3rd country consulate.

You'll have to wait and see.

How long to wait? If you haven't heard in 3 months, you can contact them ... not sooner.

4. Veronica Tunitsky

1

1

Answered . There's absolutely no way to predict the outcome of your case especially since I'm certain that the application will be even more closely scrutinized based on current events in the area. You'll have to be patient and wait for a response. If you wish, you can hire a lawyer who can help you with getting to the bottom of this.