Does "under oath" for verified complaint requires a notary?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I'm looking NY CPL 3020 : Verification , and it says " A verification is a statement under oath that the pleading is true . . . " Does " under oath " require a notary to sign off on it or just the boiler plate " under oath " language ( I , the undersigned certify under penalty of perjury and pursuant to the laws of the State that the foregoing statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge ) ?

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

17

15

Answered . It must be notarized.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

18

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, for a verification you must sign in front of a notary. An attorney would sign an affirmation under penalty of perjury.

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

17

1

Answered . Notarized.

4. Steven Warren Smollens

17

1

Answered . Dear do I need a notary?

A verification is a form of affidavit. An affidavit is executed in the presence of a notary.