Does "39:4-56 Delaying the traffic” comes in careless driving or unsafe operation?

Rahway, NJ |

A police officer gave me a 39:4-56 ticket and under the "Other traffic/parking offense" he put "Risk of Accident". He said he would not give me any points but he would issue a fine. I'm wondering if this will go on my licence record,

1. If you plea guilty in municipal court or pay for the ticket before appearing in court it wil appear on your driver's abstract. As to whether this would qualify as careless driving or unsafe operation, it would depend on your driving record. Contact me if you wish to speak about this further.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.

2. The officer did you a favor. 39:4-56 is a zero point offense. While this will appear on your driving record, it is not careless driving (39:4-97) or unsafe operation (39:4-97.2).

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364

3. It goes on your record but is a 0 point ticket. It is actually one of the oldest statutes in the code and applies to driving or conducting a vehicle in such condition, so constructed or loaded to cause delay in traffic or accident to man, beast or property. In otherwords don't overload your car or have your cooler fall off in traffic.