Documents for n-400 after vawa

Asked 9 months ago - Altamonte Springs, FL

Hello!
I am ready to apply for citizenship after approved vawa green card 3 years ago. Should I add to my documents 3 years of tax returns? I also have a baby with my current girlfriend (we are not marry yet), should I add the baby birth certificate? Thanks

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . There is no difference in naturalization path, based on the reason for which you become an LPR.

2. Irina Alexander Vinogradsky

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . You do not need to enclose your tax returns to your application , but you need to bring it to the interview .

3. Lisa R. Brenman

Pro

4

Answered . If you read the USCIS instructions to the N-400 form, you will see a list of the documents you must attach to your application. Go to uscis.gov, click on 'forms' and look at the instructions there. Good Luck!

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . Floow the directions carefully or have a professional ( immigration attorney ) prepare for you. No need to enclose the birth certificate but you should bring to the interview.

5. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

2

Answered . There is a general list of documents included in the instructions to the form N-400, however, you may need other documents, based on the individual details of your case. It is always best to hire an immigration attorney to avoid mistakes on the front end.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on Avvo.com are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.