Document to Prevent Child support?

North Hollywood, CA |

Hi

i wanna make story short, i had a girlfriend few months ago and we broke up, she just contacted to tell me she has a newborn baby and that its mine.

im married and 2 kids, i notice all she wants its money, the baby may be is mine, she has 4 other kids so im thinking if there may be a legal way to prevent child support from her? i don't want problems in my happy marriage.

I don't want legal parental responsibilities so been talking to her to may be agree in something but i dont want surprises latter on.

is there any document i can find or prepare to prevent this for the future?

Thanks

I recommend that you get a paternity test done to see if you are the father or not. If it comes out negative, you have your document. If it comes out positive, then you are financially responsible for the child and no one piece of paper is going to relieve you of that responsibility. However, if the newborn is adopted by another, the adopting parent becomes financially responsible and generally you are relieved of that obligation and out of the picture. Be aware that while you may make arrangements to pay for the support of the child, if you are the father and the mother ends up on aid, the state has a right to seek reimbursement from you, of that state aid money. If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please relay that information to the attorney by checking on the appropriate box below. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

If you're the Daddy, you're on the hook to contributing to the support of your child.

The way to have prevented problems in your happy marriage was not to have been doing anything which would result in your having another child.

If GF files an action for child support, the court will, if you request it, order DNA testing. If it shows that you're not Daddy, you're off the hook; if you are Daddy, you're on the hook for child support unless she gets married AND her new husband adopts your child.

I tend to agree with counsel. Your best bet is to prove that you are not the father via DNA paternity test. Until the court orders you to pay support, you do not have to pay her a dime. To prevent this in the future, do not produce another child that you do not want to take care of.