Doctor misdiagnosed my injury and sent me back to work.My lose of strength in my left hand and arm resulted in a back injury.

Hydesville, CA |

The new Doctor found through an MRI of my shoulder that I had a bone spur and slit front tendon , not a neck injury , as the first Doctor diagnosed . I have a l - 5 pinched nerve in my back and I am recovering , without surgery . I submitted a report to the Medical Board of CA , in regard to the Doctors misdiagnoses . I am dealing with two different insurance companies , because the insurance company for the first injury dropped coverage on my employer . he then of coarse had to find another insurance company , who is dealing with my back injury , which happened , almost a year later . I had been in pain from first injury for a year , until I finally got the right diagnosis , and got a cortisone injection . Both doctors , shoulder and back will soon release me . I can no longer do appliance repair and have lost my job .

Is there a reason you don't have a workers' compensation attorney to represent you? These attorneys are paid a small portion of your eventual permanent disability award. You are going against insurance companies that spend all day, every day, looking for ways to defeat claims. Get an attorney. You can find a workers' compensation attorney on the California Applicant Attorneys Association (CAAA) web site: CAAA is the strongest California bar association for attorneys who represent injured workers. On the home page, click on the picture of the wheelchair above the words "Injured Workers." On the next page, click on the link to “Attorney Search” on the left side. Enter your city or any other information and click “Search.” *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

You should find a Certified Specialist in WC to address your situation.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

This is way too complicated to handle on your own. You have multiple injuries, two insurance companies, and a permanent injury. This is too complicated to handle without the assistance of an experienced workers comp lawyer. Good luck.

Recommended articles about Personal injury