Doctor charging no show fee to new patient

Kennewick, WA |

If a appointment was scheduled, no paperwork was filled out, patient has never seen doctor before, and there was no reminder call. How can it be legal to charge a no show fee, if you were never made aware of one?

I actually just paid one of these myself. But, I think they have to at least inform you or give you some notice. I dont see how they can charge you if you did not know about it.

If you have health insurance you might consider disputing the claim for payment form the doctor's office.
I agree that in order for the office to have a valid claim, you should be on notice of the policy. If the appointment was made over the phone it is likely you can dispute any charges with the office, or come to a settlement on a lower fee.

The doctor set aside the appointment time for you, so you are obligated to pay the fee.

In this day and age where you need a referral for everything and the referral desk makes the appointments not you and they fail to notify you..how can you be held accountable for an appointment you did not even know you had?