Do you think it is prudent to go before a judge myself to ask for a continuance?

we had settled on a deal his lawyer never typed it up, too busy. he told me to drop my lawyer because we could not afford it. he is in vegas i am in seattle. He has never been unemployed ever. He wants to change all of the terms of our agreement

Maple Valley, WA -

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Seattle, WA

Unless and until an agreement is reduced to writing pursuant to CR2A, a court will not enforce it. You need counsel -- to rely on you ex for advice is a fatal flaw that will end badly. Please cosult with and retian an attorney to protect your rights. It is very difficult to come to an agreemnt with your ex without the advice of counsel that is not tainted by emotional stress and wll probably be unfair to you.

Hope this helps

Rodney George Pierce

Rodney George Pierce

You do not say what type of agreement you have with "him" whom I will assume is your husband, nor is itr clear what it is that you want to have continued." In any case, the best thing to do is to get some assistance so you can be fully advised.

I would suggest that you contact a family law attorney and get a 30 minute free consultation. You may contact my office and I will be happy to discuss the issue with you right away.

Frances Turean

Frances Turean

Agree with all of the answers below. It never hurts to ask for a continuance, but don't rely on getting one. Contact an attorney as soon as possible.

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Litigation Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

Who is 'he', this person who convinced you to drop your lawyer, agree to a deal, not finalize the settlement, then renegotiate anew one. Your statement is clear as mud. Yes you can file a continuance, unless there has already been one or two continuances, in which case the court may refuse.

Consider rehiring that attorney...