Do you think Florida would pick me up for an arrest warrant (larceny over 250)and v.o.p. from massachusetts

Asked about 1 year ago - Woonsocket, RI

warrants are from 2007-08, vop was originally 1 yr suspended, violated by picking up 2 new charges larcenies over 250 and under, want to move to florida and start fresh get dl eventually own property and work, do you think the florida police will haggle me if i dont get into any big trouble down there, will they lock me up and ship me back if i get traffic infractions....

Additional information

warrant are issued from mass, im moving within 2 weeks and opportunity will not wait for me to settle this up here, i owe 8 mnths on my suspended sentence.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Vijay Dinakar


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Best bet is to hire a criminal attorney to handle your outstanding warrant. You don't want warrants floating out there. Best of luck.

  2. Lisa Marie Bowie

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Generally, you never want to have a warrant on you, not matter where you plan on living. The longer the will is outstanding the worse it could be when you get caught.

    Although you may be able to avoid it for a time, in the long run it is better to hire a lawyer now, in Massachusetts that can take care of your outstanding warrants. Then you do not have to have the constant concern regarding whether or not your warrants will catch up to you.
    Feel free to call my office if you wish to discuss this matter further.

    This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship or provide... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,482 answers this week

2,763 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,482 answers this week

2,763 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary