Do you still gotta do an i130 interview if I was married before I was put in removal proceedings I am married to usc

Asked about 1 year ago - Pompano Beach, FL

We sent all evidence no stones unturned what do u think will be the outcome an how long will it take for an approval its currently at NBC its been two months now since we filed thanks guys

1. Shahzad Ahmed

4

Answered . Hello. I presume you filed with an I-485. Usually, there is an interview. An interview may be waived at the discretion of the USCIS. I always recommend have an attorney handle your case, no matter how simple it seems. Good luck.

2. Anu Gupta

Pro

4

Answered . Hi there- you should discuss this with your attorney, who knows all the facts of your case and advice you.

3. Jorge Luis Delgado

2

Answered . Yes, you should have an interview. Your lawyer handling the removal can explain the process step by step.

4. Peter Corrales

3

Answered . More facts will be required. Usually no interview is needed if you only filed an I-130, but IF you are eligible to adjust and concurrently filed an I-485 then you will probably have an interview scheduled. Marrying a citizen does not mean that you will always be able to adjust status, you should speak to an immigration attorney, especially if you are in removal proceedings.

5. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . regardless of the fact that the marriage occurred before you were placed in removal proceedings, DHS may still decide to give you and your spouse the I-130 interview. Work closely with your attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.