DO you start serving your year the day of your arrest? Or after your sentenced the 11/29?

Crossville, TN |

I was arrested in TN on my first DUI, Jan23rd 2011. I served two days in Jail (2/17-2/19) Got an 11/29 probation. I ask cause I was informed by a PO, that my probation started the day of arrest.

1. Probation would start the day you were sentenced on the DUI. If the PO says arrest, go with that, you will get off probation much quicker!

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

2. Your PO is incorrect, but you certainly would be off probation a lot sooner if they intend to use your day of arrest.

I am not your attorney nor is any answer I may provide legal advice. You may contact me directly for legal advice only if you are a resident of Tennessee insofar as I only practice in Tennessee.

3. Your probation starts after your guilty plea or after you are found guilty and sentenced to 11 months and 29 days. your sentence, if suspended will be served on supervised probation and could be placed into effect requiring you to be incarcerated for 11 months twenty days if you violate by a number of reasons including a dirty drug screen or new arrest. if you are on probation following your arrest, you may be on pretrial diversion requiring you to report to a probation officer before your case is heard and settled.