Do you pay the fine at or after court?

Lancaster, WI |

I have to go to court for my 2nd underage, do I pay the fine at court of will I have time to pay it after?

1. You may request time to pay the fine when you go to court. Usually the judge will order you to pay within 60 days or get on a payment plan with the clerk of courts. If you miss payments on the payment plan, the clerk of courts may tell you that they will no longer accept partial payments and will want the entire balance, so make sure you don't skip payments.

This communication is for the purposes of general advice only. This communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the Attorney Stephen W. Sawyer or the Law Offices of Stephen W. Sawyer.

2. Before simply pleading out to this charge, which will likely result in the loss of your driver's license, you may want to consult a local attorney about your options. Good luck.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/docs/owi-youth-penchrt.pdf

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

3. Both of my fellow attorneys offer sound advice. However, I would take their advice in reverse. First speak with a local attorney about your charges, the facts and the potential penalties wich could be imposed. Then worry about when the fines are payable. Good Luck.

While we strive to ensure that the information is accurate, without knowledge of all of the facts of a particular matter, this Firm's opinion, suggestions and answers are not guaranteed. Further, the Law Firm's answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship will only be created through a fully executed retainer agreement.