Do you need an lawyer to go to a DMV Hearing for fraud is someone allegedly took your info to get a license & is a family member

Reno, NV |

And it possibly happened when the family member was 17 years old.

I have recently appeared at a Hearing at a Las Vegas DMV location. It is not necessary to have a lawyer with you, but it might be wise if you can find one that will not charge too much. You should also look at your exposure to losing your license or being criminally charged.

If you did nothing wrong and were not involved in any crime, then you should get your relative to tell the truth about that. As far as the minor, if he/she has no prior issues, the Officer may not want to press any charges. However, it will be up to the individual officer and how he/she feels about helping or harming the minor.

Hope this helps.

/s Donald Kudler

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship and does not constitute legal advice, but is solely the opinion of a Nevada Attorney.

You aren't required to have an attorney. That being said, you should, at the very least, consult with an attorney who can provide you with your options and from there make a decision. A consultation would likely cost $200-$400, but it would be worth it if you have lingering questions about the procedure, or the substance of what will be addressed at the hearing.

Best of the luck.

If you found this information helpful, please click the up arrow below. Please note I am only licensed to practice law in Nevada and remember that my response is simply a comment to your the law related question. My comments and postings are NOT legal advice or opinions. Additionally, my comments and postings to your question and/or my follow up comments and postings do NOT create an attorney-client relationship between us. You cannot rely upon what I have written, because: (1) I do not have all of the information or facts which are needed to advise you or render an opinion; and (2) my comments are not legal advise and are not meant to be acted upon as legal advise. If you would like to obtain legal advice from me, then you need to hire me as your attorney. Thereafter, then we would review documents, evidence, and facts, in order to provide you with legal advice.