Do you know the Red-Flags in a divorce case in which one party is merely trying to dominate, control and ruin the other party?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

What do you do as an attorney if you realize that your client is further abusing his spouse and the court-process during the divorce process? Do you know the Red-Flags that your client is merely trying to control, dominate, and further ruin his/her divorcing spouse?

I recently started an awareness campaign regarding Psychopaths during the divorce process and how they use Family Court as a tool to further abuse the other party resulting in the other parties further devastation and the overall wasting of legal resources and the court's time.

I am looking for professionals in the Mental Health and Law Field that can speak and/or advocate to a small group in the San Diego and North County area on how the innocent party can effectively navigate these complexities during the Family Court Process.

1. Leigh Anne Kretzschmar

1

Best Answer

Answered . Contact Bill Eddy/High Conflict Institute here in San Diego. Bill is/was a family law attorney who has developed HCI to deal with family law litigants with personality disorders which lead to high conflict dissolution/child custody matters. There are a variety of legal and mental health professionals, including retired judges, who aid the HCI.

2. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Answered . As a judge once said about poronography, I can't define it, but I know it when I see it. Such tactics are common in matrimonial litigation, particularly when one spouse (usually the husband) controls the money. As an attorney you can't do much about it except slug it out with the offender. That's one reason I don't handle matrimonial cases.