Do you know of a job that will hire someone with a shoplifting charge and is there anything that I can do about this until then?

Asked about 3 years ago - Robersonville, NC

When I was 16 I thought I was pregnant and went to a store and used a pregnancy test inside that bathroom and threw it away when I was finished and when I walked out the door to go outside a cop pulled up and he talked to me and then put handcuffs in front of me and took me down to the police station where I was fingerprinted and he gave me a slip of paper citing my court date.
When I went to court I plead guilty and paid the cost of court and for the product {which was like 7.00} and that was it.

I think I have to wait until July 6th of next month to try to have it expunged, I cant seem to find a job right now and I need one badly.

1. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

Answered . Hello there,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You do need to get your record sealed so you can get better jobs in the future.

For now you are going to have to do jobs that employers don't mind if you have a conviction.

This can only be determine on a case by case basis of filling out applications.

Some fast food establishments might employ you.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten