Do you know anything about a Cruise Waiver that can be used for an inmate?

Aliso Viejo, CA |

I would like to have some legal guidelines as to how and what the legal rights of a pregnant woman in jail are? If they are in jail and pending cases are not resolved do they still qualify for a Cruise Waiver to be released and give birth and then return to jail? What are their legal protection rights if any?

I suspect you are confused or have bad information. A Cruz waiver is an agreement that a defendant may be sentenced to a greater term than the plea bargain if he doesn't show up for sentencing. I have never heard of a Cruise waiver.

Mr. Kaman is absolutely right and I have seen folks not show up and get years in prison more than they would have, had they shown up.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do not know the law in your state and that I am just making suggestions. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately for real legal advice.