Do you have to serve the oc with a hard copy of written discovery, or can you send an electronic file?

Asked about 1 year ago - Vacaville, CA

In a civil law suit, the written discovery answers can be like 60 pages! long Do I have to print them to paper, and send a copy to the other side, or can I sign it and send an electronic copy? I figure I can send documents on a CD, but the actual responses to say interrogs, do you have to print those out on paper?
I think I read you have to send a paper hard copy.
Thank you.

1. Abraham P Mathew

2

1

Answered . Responses are in writing and it is not unusual to receive documents in CD or other electronic format. Whether or not you can provide responses electronically really depends on your opposition. You may want to reach out and ask and come to an agreement. Also, service has to be by mail, personal, or overnight, unless you have a written agreement providing otherwise.