Skip to main content

Do you have to send my old green card when i request a new card because of name change?

Paterson, NJ |

Do you have to send my old green card with the application when i request a new card because of name change?

Attorney Answers 3


The form instructions for form I-90 answer your question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You have to follow the instructions exactly.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

1 comment



I am a little confused. I was reading the instruction, and it says if the error was due to USCIS, I have to send the card, but it does not say anything if the error was due to the applicants actions.


I agree ... read the instructions closely

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics