Do you have to send a notice of deposition when sending out a subpoena for deposition (records only)?

White Hall, IL |
Filed under: Discovery

Other party sent out subpoena for deposition (records only) but I never received a "notice of Deposition" the records were apprantly mailed to the other party and then other party mailed to records to me? Shouldn't I have received notice?

Other party says they didn't send notice because it was records that the other party was entitled to anyways. ie minors medical and education records.

1. If you are a party, you are entitled to notice.

2. Notice of the issuance of the subpoena must be served upon the other parties, even if the subpoena is just for records.

3. I watched this issue debated in court yesterday. None of the lawyers or the judge could cite such a rule.
    Of course, the judge dealt with it another way, but it made me wonder, without the time to research it, is there such a Rule? www.galivanlaw.net