Do you have to go through an attorney to Have a Executor removed? Can I write a Letter indicating that I feel the Executor is

Asked almost 2 years ago - Augusta, WV

no looking out for the best interest for the estate.
Case in point. Executor does list all items on inventory. Under values personal property. Ect.
In the county I live in they have a commissioner of accounts.. Can I just write a letter and is it i obligation to act on it.

1. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. If you have valid concerns, you will need a local attorney for assistance. Simply writing a letter is not going to resolve your issues. You can use the find a lawyer tool on Avvo or request a referral from the local bar association.

2. Steven J. Fromm

4

Answered . This is a legal matter where procedures must be followed. You are outside your league here and if you are serious about your claims and concerns you need to retain estate litigation or probate counsel to assist you. Otherwise, you have zero chance of being effective on this matter.

3. James P. Frederick

3

Answered . It is HIGHLY unlikely that you will get a positive result simply by writing a letter to the court. Judges do not take such matters very seriously, because if you were serious about it, you would hire an attorney. Based on your summary, I do not believe a judge would pay any attention to such a letter, other than perhaps to tell you to get a lawyer.

James Frederick